[lbo-talk] Advertisings effects (was Death of Dean)

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sat Feb 14 18:02:02 PST 2004

At 05:14 PM 2/14/2004 -0800, jks wrote:
>The huge negatives are in published poll data that are easily accessible
>on the net.

Of which I am aware, but that statement is a long way from offering any proof that peoples negative opinions were based on seeing Dean speak or on showing that peoples negative opinions predate the medias about face on coverage of Dean. That would have been a good answer if I had denied Dean began polling badly but I didn't.

>It is absurd to think that Dean even came near to stepping outside them. jks

I must have missed anyone making that contention unless for some reason you believe I hold that position. If you do it is certainly not based on anything I have written now or in the past. At least you cleared up my mistaken supposition that you may have been projecting your own negative opinions about Dean onto others. None of this supports your idea that advertising is ineffective so perhaps you've backed down from that position a bit, maybe not. This makes four posts for me, sorry Doug, so I'm out for the night.

John Thornton