[lbo-talk] LBO-Talk = Outliers (What Do The Iraqi ResistanceDebates And The Mars Rovers Debates Have In Common?)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 06:42:14 PST 2004

> BTW the most I've ever said about my race is that I'm not Chinese/Asian.
So
> I don't know what you're basing this on. As it happens I am a white
> Australian. I have no idea why this is significant to "polling on this
topic
> in the USA", a country I've never been to. And if most people of colour in
> the US supported the Iraqi resistance, which seems unlikely, what would it
> prove? Would it represent a huge contribution to breaking down racism in
the
> USA, or a better Iraq?
>
> regards,
>
> Grant.

Just as I suspected: yet another white man commenting on the fate of Iraqi People of Color(tm). Team B, of which I and the heroic Carrol Cox are a part, is clearly politically more advanced than the all-white Team A, your crowd.

*****Team B Outpaces Team A on LBO List by Carrie Sampson New York February 16, 2004

In a stunning display of political maturity and revolutionary solidarity with Oppressed Masses all over the planet, Team B of the LBO Talk List, moderated by the white economics author Doug Henwood, has shown the way for other Teams of Color on other lists, putting to shame Team A, an all-white contingent of liberals who feel free to opine on the political fortunes of the Iraqi Resistance.

"It's typical colonial posturing," says Yoshie Furuhashi, a leader of Team B. "Thankfully, there are those of us committed to resist such paternal attitudes, and hopefully show the correct path to commenting on other countries that few of us have ever visited, and whose languages we do not speak."

Carrol Cox, another Team B leader, concurred. "There is no 'left' at LBO. There are plenty of armchair neo-imperialists, however, who refuse to listen or heed the words of dispassionate, experienced political actors such as myself. It is quite frustrating, but thankfully there are courageous revolutionaries like Yoshie to remind us of what truly matters -- race and sex as defined by those who are more radical than reality itself."

LBO moderator Doug Henwood confessed, "Well, frankly I'm ashamed of myself. When you go up against a force like Yoshie you risk looking foolish and reactionary, and I'm afraid this is yet another case of that." Henwood added, "I try to stifle Yoshie, limiting her to three posts a day. But her radical determination cannot be stemmed, and the truth cannot be fully expressed in less than six posts. Again, I apologize to progressive forces everywhere."

<radicaltimes at betterworld.net/lbotalk/sampson>

Yo-she

*Victory To Whoever Takes Charge In Iraq, So Long As They're Not Allied With The US <anybodywilldo at iraqrev.com> *Graduate Students Of Color Say "NO!" To Undergraduates Of No Color <superiorpigment at raceisall.net> *Campus Leninists Who Identify With Blowing Up Busses in Crowded Shopping Areas <booom at noinnocents.org>