[lbo-talk] Advertisings effects (was Death of Dean)

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Mon Feb 16 09:55:08 PST 2004

The conventional wisdom quoted by the Kellogg school individual is indeed very convention and every 2nd year University marketing/advertising student learns it. In grad school I worked an internship at an advertising agency and learned to hate the profession intensely. Too bad I didn't know that when I was 20! The idea that the bit of conventional wisdom quoted has anything to do with what happened to Dean is odd however. It helps to remember that the higher the level the education the higher the level of indoctrination so it is not surprising to see highly educated persons making claims such as this. You don't get a piece of paper proclaiming your ability to follow orders unless you demonstrate that skill repeatedly. A bit tongue in cheek but you get my meaning. I doubt that anything more of substance will come from this thread so I think that about wraps it up for me.

John Thornton