[lbo-talk] Advertisings effects (was Death of Dean)

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Feb 16 10:03:37 PST 2004

On Monday, February 16, 2004, at 02:22 AM, T Fast wrote:

> The irony here though is that you have listed in Kellogg's CV that
> she
> works for Mr. Jobs. How have the sales of that low key focussed on
> quality,
> stability and not hype computer company been doing relative to Mr hard
> sales
> and hype over at Microsoft? Seems like a 40 billion to 1 no-brainer
> to me.
> All in the context of being able to actually test drive a Mac and get
> testemonials from those who own them.

Hey, I think everyone is aware that the crushing sales victory of Lord Gates over Apple doesn't have much to do with advertising. Apple's advertising has consistently been superior to the competition's (leaving aside here any quality comparison of the products themselves).

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile