[lbo-talk] Advertisings effects (was Death of Dean)

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Feb 16 10:38:03 PST 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Michael Dawson wrote:

> What was the point of your post? You defended Carrol's usual dismissal of
> the idea that "saying the truth effectively is in itself of any good." You
> tried to do so by using Carrol's status as an "academic" as your substantive
> argument.

Reread the post. They're archived. Your statement above is a gross misrepresentation. See how easy it is for people to misinterpret things? (--And if you disagree with me in this post, note that you're further illustrating my point: truth telling is not enough. We willfully or inadvertently missing the point all the time when we communicate; that's part of the messiness of human interaction.)

Miles