[lbo-talk] protest Ashcroft's subpoena

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 18 10:41:07 PST 2004

Dear friend,

I just sent an email calling on Attorney General John Ashcroft to drop his effort to subpoena the medical records of doctors challenging the late term abortion ban, and I hope you will send one, too. In an unprecedented move that directly violates doctor-patient privilege, the Department of Justice has subpoenaed the abortion medical records of hundreds of patients in an effort to intimidate doctors who have filed suit to challenge the recently signed late term abortion ban. This effort threatens the ability of doctors to practice medicine without fear of reprisal as well as patients' right to medical privacy and must be halted immediately.

These subpoenas are an appalling attempt to violate doctor-patient privacy and should be withdrawn immediately.

It only took me a few seconds to send an email, and I'm hoping you'll send one, too. Click here to send an email: http://www.workingforchange.com/activism/action.cfm?itemid=16441

P.S. Please forward this message to anyone that you know who might be interested