[lbo-talk] Freud (and Why Not Jung?)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 18:45:19 PST 2004

--- Louis Kontos <Louis.Kontos at liu.edu> wrote:

When you
> ask 'why not Jung', I'm not sure about the point of
> your question.

You are obviously new to the list. I am sarcastic and that was one instance of my sarcasm. The point is that neither Jung nor Freud were scientific. Of course, that in itself doesn't mean they were completely wrong: they were creating models. I would say that giving their success that they werent very good models.

If the collective unconcious as a model has any credibility then it must be somehow be biologically based and passed on genetically. Why do you say it has a basis? I am not disputing it,just wondering.

> ther empirical nor
> directly relevant to an
> understanding of contemporary and historic events as
> Freudian theory.

How are the jungian archetypes any less empirical than Freuds triumvirate: superego, id and ego?

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"