[lbo-talk] Bush

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Sat Feb 21 09:44:00 PST 2004

From: "Doug Henwood"
> Last night, in a debate with Gideon Rose of the Council on Foreign
> Relations, Tariq Ali said the defeat of Bush "would be viewed
> globally as a victory." Does this make Tariq a liberal now?

wouldn't it be better if Bush won ? A 'Democrat' elected and the ouster of Bush may be viewed as a victory in the short term but as we know there is very little difference in the two regimes. The US public will perhaps breathe a collective sigh of releif and settle back down to soporific television and candyspinning pundits -same old same old. The backlash from a Bush second term could propel said public into a more critical mode.

Gary? ride si sapis