[lbo-talk] Taking Power

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Sat Feb 21 10:34:58 PST 2004

Yoshie wrote:

> Why would helping build the Green Party compromise your credibility

> more than declaring that you would vote for John Kerry in a

> *super-safe* state of New York? I'd venture to say that the latter

> compromises your credibility much more than the former ever could.

> The former would at least restore your credibility in the eyes of the

> Mages. :->

Venerable eldest brother Shane and I sometimes broadly agree (i remember a time in 1969), but it's not the default setting. & Doug's credibility with me (like Yoshie's) is solid no matter what sort of deviant voting preferences and behavior is engaged in; y'all have blank checks.

As for whom i'm rooting for: Presidential election - Glazyev (because he drives the despicable Mischa Gessen up the wall) Local elections - CPI-ML in Bihar (because they're getting murdered and still do electoral politics) Tennis - Mirny and Velchkov and the whole Belarus Davis Cup team - go guys! Reformist parties - the NDP & the JCP US politics - Vito Marcantonio (Shane thinks he was a Satanist or Stalinist or some other nonsense) French politics - the trot who works in the postes

And whom i urge you to vote for : as long as they keep chanting in the streets in favor of a republic despite the beatings and arrests, the united front list of the seven agitating student groups in the Free Student Union elections (tht is, if the police and Royal Nepal Army permit the elections to take place).

john mage