[lbo-talk] Taking Power

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 21 21:22:04 PST 2004

My brother John wrote:

>Presidential election - Glazyev (because he drives the despicable Mischa
>Gessen up the wall)
>Local elections - CPI-ML in Bihar (because they're getting murdered and
>still do electoral politics)
>Tennis - Mirny and Velchkov and the whole Belarus Davis Cup team - go guys!
>Reformist parties - the NDP & the JCP
>US politics - Vito Marcantonio (Shane thinks he was a Satanist or
>Stalinist or some other nonsense)
>French politics - the trot who works in the postes
>
>And whom i urge you to vote for :
>as long as they keep chanting in the streets in favor of a republic
>despite the beatings and arrests, the united front list of the seven
>agitating student groups in the Free Student Union elections (tht is, if
>the police and Royal Nepal Army permit the elections to take place).

I have no problems with your list (except for B´esancenot, who supported Chirac in 2001) But the crucial question is--do you vote with Cato or with Curio on repealing the law permitting Caesar to stand for consul in absentia?

Shane

P.S. You were too young to remember, but (though I was too young to vote, and it wasn't our district anyway) I supported Marcantonio.

"Roll it up for Wallace, roll it up for Taylor, roll it up for Vito Marcantonio-o-o-o..."