[lbo-talk] RE: sexual harrassment

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Feb 22 11:47:45 PST 2004

"Both Doug and Joanna cite comments of the kind 'you're only here because of your sex' at universities as evidence of sexual harrassment."

It is sexual harrassment. It is the assertion that you do not deserve your appointment, that it was made solely because of your sex.

I ommitted details of other experiences: I was hired to replace a professor who was fired because he had his female students pose for nude photographs. One of them complained. I was approached, fondled by, and slobbered over by the most senior prof in my dept. No, I didn't complain, I just avoided him.

Joanna