[lbo-talk] George W Bush and Fundamentalism

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 14:00:47 PST 2004

For some reason, I had thought that Ws fundamentalism was pretty much an act to seduce the Religious Right. Only after having finished Kevin Phillip's "American Dynasty" do I see how wrong I have been to think so. Phillip's compellingly demonstrates that Bush really does believe that we are on the verge of Armageddon and that he has been "chosen" by God to be President. Spooky stuff indeed.

The bibliography cites "Strong Religion: The Rise of Fundamentalisms Around the World". Anybody else know of books they can recommend on this subject?

Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"