[lbo-talk] Re: gay-lesbian marriage

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Mon Feb 23 16:52:45 PST 2004

"The question is not merely academic. If same sex marriages were to be legalized, how would the issue of gender roles in such unions be resolved?"

but isn't the whole idea to get beyond the gender roles? what's wrong with being someone's partner for life? which is what I think they say at the SF ceremonies..something like, do you take J or B for your partner...

does it make any difference to the world outside the couple whether one or another member of the partnership plays a role (?) as man or woman?...and that's assuming that it may(?) make a difference within the partnership...

just asking ( as clarification before the list police censure any audacity on my part)...

fs