Sharpton (was: [lbo-talk] Hard-right,Scaife-owned newspaper)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Feb 24 10:59:58 PST 2004

Doug:
> It really put me off the Reverend, for sure. I was thinking of voting
> for him in the NY primary, but now I don't think I can. Stone is a
> creep (though I've sure heard some fascinating sexual gossip about
> him, which fear of litigation inhibits me from repeating).

So who do you want to vote for in the primaries? Since Dean is out, the choices are: Kerry, Edwards, and Kucinich. They are all saying pretty much the same thing right now. If ADA ratings were any indicator (I averaged them for the past 4 years) Kerry should be the #1 choice (91.25), followed by Edwards (85) and Kucinich (83.75).

I am leaning towards Edwards for strategic reasons - to add gravitas to his anti-NAFTA agenda - but there are other things I like about Kerry in addition to ADA rating. For one thing, he seems to have the best articulated urban development agenda - an issue of great interest to me.

Wojtek