[lbo-talk] Re: African rap

Simon Huxtable jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 04:55:46 PST 2004

See also, http://tinyurl.com/yuhhr

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/comp/rough-guide/african-rap.shtml

Udi Aloni's Local Angel also features a Palestinian hip hop group and I know of several groups in France that have mainly come from the suburbs.

I have been thinking that this sort of marginalised expression conforms to what Deleuze/Guattari would call a 'minor literature', that is, a language that is in every way a 'foreign' language: a gesture written by the colonised in the language of the coloniser, such that its products are always totally political.

Thanks for the link, btw.

Simon

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html