[lbo-talk] Left Behind: Nader numbers

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 05:50:06 PST 2004

Lance Murdoch:

> Exit polls show that Nader got more votes from
> people who would have voted for Bush or who
>wouldn't have voted than who would have voted
> for Gore if he hadn't run. Anyhow, he took
> 1.4% of eligible voters. 48.7% of eligible voters
> did not vote

And the point is, we need as many of those people as possible to come out and vote to actually defeat the Bush regime. That is, defeat it in real life, not just "send a message" so that those who voted for Nader can feel good about themselves even as the gaggle of New Right fanatics maintains control over the reins of power and proceeds to destroy Medicaid and Medicare, and then move on to Social Security. These are real threats; this is not some silly little game.

> Nothing can show me what's going on in the DLC,
> DNC rather, mind then this attempt to alienate, or
> at least ignore, the 48.7% of people who do note
> vote

Is anyone nodding off at their keyboards right now? Because the people who keep making this "argument" are just that boring. All of us know that the DLC and DNC are lazy and clueless and -- in fact -- too afraid of the masses to do what it takes to actually defeat Bush. All that means is that we have to do it for them. The programs of the 527s in the various battleground states are targeted to voter registration and turnout in heavily Democratic areas -- which means poorer areas, and especially nonwhite areas. This is stuff that is actually happening, on the ground, right now. Anyone who does anything to make this task more difficult, or contributes one iota to making the "re"-election of Bush more likely, is a traitor. Nader is attempting to split the People's Front against the regime, which makes him an objective ally of Bush. Period.

- - - - - John Lacny

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!