[lbo-talk] White trash

" Chris Doss " nomorebounces at mail.ru
Wed Feb 25 04:58:38 PST 2004

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au:

Hehe... Punk was internationalism in action. And Wojtek might also be interested to hear that there have been many Polish punk bands, going back many years, especially Brygada Kryzys. --

I don't know about Poland, but in the early 1990s, the Lyubery (the forerunners to today's skinheads) would come into Moscow from the 'burbs to beat up the punks after shows. Lyubertsy is a Moscow border town renowned for its tough guys. My fave Russian rock group gets its name from there: http://russia-in-us.com/Music/Rock/Lyube/

It turns out Maximum Rock N Roll interviewed Grazhdanskaya Oborona: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/ussr/info/grazhdanskaya_MRRinter.html

That shit is loud!