[lbo-talk] Re: the gibson jesus

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Feb 25 17:00:18 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

> >Please. All good works can be done in a secular way with dragging JC
into
> >the business.
>
> Oops, that should read "good works can be done in a secular way *without*
> dragging JC into the business." Not worth fulminating if
incomprehensible.

> Carl -- overposted, courting perdition

I'm about as secular as they get. But your stance strikes me as rather peculiar: if a Christian does something good in the name of her lord, it probably doesn't have anything to do with her Christianity (after all, secular folk are also capable of good deeds), but if a Christian does something bad in the name of her lord, it's probably due to her Chistianity. If I'm missing some nuance here, please fill it in.

-- Luke