[lbo-talk] Re: the gibson jesus

Kenneth MacKendrick kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 25 18:17:58 PST 2004

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Luke Weiger

I'm about as secular as they get. But your stance strikes me as rather peculiar: if a Christian does something good in the name of her lord, it probably doesn't have anything to do with her Christianity (after all, secular folk are also capable of good deeds), but if a Christian does something bad in the name of her lord, it's probably due to her Chistianity. If I'm missing some nuance here, please fill it in.

-- Luke

** Please accept this as stream of thought... I'm curious as to where the 6-10 million Americans who speak in tongues, heal the sick, and cast out demons on a weekly basis fit into a "good" and "bad" scenario? (less mainstream: of those 6 million a very small minority also drink poison, and handle serpents and fire).

ken