[lbo-talk] David Harvey: another Marxist falls to the liberal virus

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 25 18:58:04 PST 2004

In a presentation tonight at a Columbia University seminar, David Harvey said (apologies for the fragments, but I can only take notes so quickly): "If Bush is turned out of office in November, and let's hope he is.... I hope a Democrat does get elected in November...it will stop us heading down a neo-fascistic path...it'd get Ashcroft out, which would be great...it won't change the fundamental structures of imperialism we've been talking about here...but the differences are not trivial..."