[lbo-talk] David Harvey: another Marxist falls to the liberal virus

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Feb 25 19:19:46 PST 2004

doug relayd, In a presentation tonight at a Columbia University seminar, David Harvey said (apologies for the fragments, but I can only take notes so quickly): "If Bush is turned out of office in November, and let's hope he is.... I hope a Democrat does get elected in November...it will stop us heading down a neo-fascistic path...it'd get Ashcroft out, which would be great...it won't change the fundamental structures of imperialism we've been talking about here...but the differences are not trivial..."

--i hope he gets elected too, but does that mean i have to go out and work for him to get elected, 1) and 2) if i don't work for the guy to get elected and if i did go vote, does it really matter who I as an individual cast my *1* little vote for?

steve