[lbo-talk] over-the-counter-culture [was: Boom Box Aggression

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Feb 26 07:39:03 PST 2004

John A:
> Yeah, I spent ten, fifteen years rabble-rousing with music--I can't
> count how much cash money it cost me, let alone the opportunities I
> passed up--and getting systematically smashed down by right-wing

I spent much of my life in the company of unpublished writers and poets who blame their failure on "the system." It never occurred to them that their "art" sucked. The only advise I can offer in such circumstances is "get another job."

Ps. I see that in the new brave world of McMusic, a kid who can play three notes and push a few computer buttons is not a taylorised-down musical assembly line worker, while a classically trained musician with years of rigorous training and experience is.

War is peace, freedom is slavery.

Wojtek