[lbo-talk] gibson, missionaries, shrub's distraction

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Feb 27 06:57:57 PST 2004

From: John Thornton <jthorn65 at mchsi.com>

>kelley at pulpculture.org wrote:
> >

> > (aside to the offended: i'm from upstate redneck new york (hi carl!) so
> > check your outrage button, cause it's gotten sticky or sumpin'!)

While not outraged and not personally offended the term "redneck" is classist and racist and is as inappropriate on this list as any other derogatory term of that nature. I'm fairly certain you'll have a rather witty reply explaining why it's not. I hope I'm not disappointed but it wouldn't be the first time.

^^^^^^^

CB: I like Kelley's spirit of criticism/self-criticism.

It is telling that people are jumping all over Kelley for using "redneck" , but nobody said a word when "n-word" was being thrown all over the place by a bunch of white people.