[lbo-talk] gibson, missionaries, shrub's distraction

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Fri Feb 27 12:47:10 PST 2004

I don't recall anyone writing that they used to live in n-wordtown or some such equally offensive phrase that would have been comparable to the below characterization of a rural working class area as redneck. Perhaps you could forward it since I missed it? Or perhaps you mean that regardless of context the word cannot be used by white people at all? Self criticism is all well and good but maybe the rest of rural working class NY doesn't wished to be referred to in such a racist and classist manner while she's doing it.

John Thornton