[lbo-talk] gibson, missionaries, shrub's distraction

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Fri Feb 27 15:33:06 PST 2004

>I AM a redneck. I was calling myself a redneck.

You did not refer to yourself as a redneck but rather you typed "i'm from upstate redneck new york". I might have thought you would have covered basic composition before graduate school.

>You might want to know, too, that in Florida people proudly call
>themselves cracker.

You might want to know that an African American roommate of mine called himself n-word. You must believe that it is only racist for me to say that word and not for him. At least now I know where you're coming from.

>Finally, if you're still worried about my leftist soul,

Not for even one moment.

John Thornton