[lbo-talk] Re: LA Grocery Strike: Where Was the Left?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Feb 29 16:37:16 PST 2004

rw wrote:

> So if I get what you're saying, Chuck, your superfly anarchist,
> decentralized, "democratic" way of organizing was incapable of dealing
> with the wave of reaction that followed 9/11, while those evil reds and
> their crusty old democratic centralism took the lead.
>
> You talk about what your group could have done. You talk about what the
> grocery workers should have done. And you blame the reds for what you
> didn't do. I have to conclude that you're nothing but a windbag.

Alright! Another anonymous critic! Did my recounting of events discomfort you?

Look, I'd like to know how many veteran organizers out there would have taken 9-11 in stride. As I pointed out, the professional activists got spooked by 9-11 and were ordered to punt the protests. This negatively effected what we were trying to do and it didn't help that the IAC authoritarian opportunists took advantage of the situation.

If 9-11 hadn't happened, nobody would be flipping shit at anarchists for dissing ANSWER. I explained what we did as anarchists working with other peeps. We did much of the fucking organizing for the October 2001 protests. We have little to show for it because of 9-11 and the WWP's opportunism.

Chuck0