[lbo-talk] Haiti Coup and Left KneeJerks

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 21:53:54 PST 2004

The French left-wing daily "La Liberation" is now reporting that the gardner at Aristide's residence did report that Aristide had been away by force. The editorial there, on the other hand, says that this is a UN join French-Canadian-US force on the island now and that they are just assuming their responsibilities to maintain a bit of order on the island.

I dont know if this was a coup or not. But I cant believe that based on the testimony of one gardner that already people are jumping to the conclusion that this was a coup. Maybe within a few hours or days we can make that assesment, it may be true, but it is just fucking ridiculous and irresponsible that Pacifica and the fucking ANSWER/WWP gang are already calling this a coup. WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMBASSES! I guess Aristide can now join WWPs museum of corrupt leaders that they canonize. Of course, no sooner did the "gardner" story break than I got this in my email from the Becker retards:

Emergency Response Demonstration:

Protest the U.S.-led Coup in Haiti No U.S. Occupation of Haiti

Monday, March 1, 2004 Powell & Market Sts., San Francisco (Powell Street BART)

5:00 pm

Sponsored by International ANSWER, Haiti Action Committee, and others

For more information, contact (415) 821-6545

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"