[lbo-talk] Draft Proposal for a Continental Anti-Authoritarian Anti-Capitalist Network

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Jan 1 15:00:09 PST 2004

On Thursday, January 1, 2004, at 01:47 PM, Chuck0 wrote:

> Before September 11th, we often had to convince
> others that something was not entirely correct within America, that we
> lived in a decadent, violent society. Now, few Americans would disagree
> with this assertion.

???

(Meaning: is there any evidence for this? Certainly not every US-er is a happy camper, by any means, but -- all but a few think it's a *decadent* society?)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ After the Buddha died, people still kept pointing to his shadow in a cave for centuries—an enormous, dreadful shadow. God is dead: but the way people are, there may be, for millennia, caves in which his shadow is still pointed to. — And we — we must still overcome his shadow! —Friedrich Nietzsche