Fwd: Re: Fwd: [lbo-talk] RE: sex worker

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 1 11:38:31 PST 2004

[I asked Tracy Quan to comment on Joanna's reaction to her sexworker article. Here 'tis.]

Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:54:59 -0500 From: Tracy Quan Subject: Re: Fwd: [lbo-talk] RE: sex worker

This is an extreme point of view and interesting for that very reason but ... hard for me to relate.

Though, hm, may I add that a first step toward the utopian state this gal aspires to might be the ability to recognize that differences between straight life and The Life (as it's called) are superficial. So actually she seems to agree with me, even if she doesn't intend to... I mean, if We All Prostitute Ourselves etc etc then it's surely a good sign if the deluded yuppies of this world can express some solidarity with people who are normally so marginalized .... Also I think she's talking about a radical overhaul which certainly sounds exciting whereas I am only talking about progress which is a more gradual process. Plus, the towels were damn cute!