[lbo-talk] Union of Councils for Soviet Jews: Communist Party Using Antisemitic Propaganda in Election Campaign

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 04:25:46 PST 2004

COMMUNIST PARTY USING ANTISEMITIC PROPAGANDA IN ELECTION CAMPAIGN Election Officials Silent As Communists Blame Jews for "Genocide," Compare Jews to Bloodsuckers

Moscow/Washington, D.C.-- Communist Party candidates in the Russian parliamentary elections slated for this Sunday have publicly compared Jews to bloodsuckers and blamed them for "genocide" against the Russian people, in open defiance of Russian election officials, who have vowed not to allow candidates to incite ethnic or religious hatred during the election campaign.

--- Not in anything I saw. Maybe in Astrakhan. Kondradenko is a dick, but I suspect the Union of Councisl for Non-Existent Soviet Jews is spinning anti-oligarch rhetoric as anti-Semitic.

Really this obsession with a supposedly threatened Russian Jewry and their mythical state of wretched oppression, in fact they are the best-off natsionalnost' there is in Russia and hugely overrepresented in the elite, is quite silly. I would suggest worrying about ethnic groups that are actually marginalized, like Armenians or Chukchi.

_________________________________________________________________ Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work — and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx