[lbo-talk] IAC/ANSWER hack to defend saddam?

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 14:59:55 PST 2004

--- Brian Siano <siano at mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
> My only regret is that this would provide assistance
> to those who vilify
> the ANSWER crowd as apologists and defenders of
> Saddam Hussein.

I agree that Saddam should have legal representation; however, there is a good reason that people vilify the ANSWER crowd as apologists and defenders of Hussein: they are apologists and defenders of Hussein.

The Right will have a field day if Clark is chosen as Saddam's Attorney. He is after all not just some Attorney who has decided to defend the man because he thinks the Iraqi dictator has a right to a fair trial. Ramsey Clark is the leading poster boy for a group that has consistently defended the Ba'athists. In turn that group was nominally at least the chief organizer of several national anti-war marches. And so the Right will have a good angle to push the anti-war movement as a bunch of Saddam lovers.

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"