[lbo-talk] Re: IAC/ANSWER hack to defend saddam?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 08:54:42 PST 2004

> Victors' Justice, _regardless_ of the facts in a
> given case, is
> despicable. An anti-war movement that did not oppose
> war-crimes trials
> for u.s. "enemies" would not be a movement of any
> importance.
>
> Carrol

Well, it's problematic, for sure. But that is not a reason not to prosecute a suspect for what are clearly now crimes -- unlike Nuremberg, where they had to sort of make up the law from the law of nations, etc. It is a reason to insist on a fair trial. Slobo, btw, seem sto be getting one, far as I can tell. Why should we care? Thomas S, and others who denounce this idea, are you serious? what are we -- I mean the antiwar movement -- fighting for? Due process isn't just for easy cases and innocent victims of frameups. It's especially for the bad guys. Kissinger and Cheney should have fair trials with top flight defense; Saddam Hussein, their creature, is entitled to no less. jks