[lbo-talk] Epithet 'fascist'

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jan 4 12:12:02 PST 2004

Thomas Seay wrote:

> You are right to question the use of that epithet,
> Hari. They are not "fascist" shits, they are just
> authoritarian shits. See Chuck's website
> http://www.infoshop.org/texts/wwp.html
> for details about some of the actions and deeds
> that make me think this.

Thanks for the plug.

I think Nathan Newman's blog <http://www.nathannewman.org/log/> also includes some comments about how the WWP manipulated the NLG into passing a resolution condemning activists such as Nathan and myself as "red-baiters." This is an example of ANSWER's authoritarianism and another nail in their coffin as participants in the anti-war movement.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

If people eat their ballots, then that nut-case Stockwell Day will get in. Right-wingers aren't angst-ridden about voting. Don't we have to vote strategically, even if that means voting for the Liberals?

Having to decide between Tweedledum and Tweedledee -- that's not a choice -- that's a threat. Our electoral system favors a two-party race, and we should reject it. We have to start working towards a democratic system that doesn't force people to vote for the lesser of two evils (or the evil of two lessers). We can't keep jumping from election to election, voting for one moron because we're terrified that there's something worse. Now's the time to stop legitimizing this process and take a stand for fundamental, long-term change. It's more important to call attention to the farce of electoral politics than to split-hairs by choosing between Tweedledumb andTweedledee (or The Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts and the Doormouse for that matter).

- The Edible Ballot Society <http://edibleballot.tao.ca/faq.html>