[lbo-talk] re: Hindu nationalism (J's reading list)

Hari Kumar hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 4 15:23:15 PST 2004

To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] RE: Hindu Nationalism Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org

Are there any lurkers out there that could recommend a book (fiction or non-fiction) that focuses on the partition? Thanks,

Joanna:

REPLY: To add to those noted so far Novels: Khushwant Singh "Train to Pakistan"; Chaman Nahal "Azadi" Bhisham Sahni "Tamas" & Taslima Nasreen wrote an amazingly powerful one from the Bangla deshi viewpoint - "Lajja"

History: Anita Inder Singh: The Origins of the partition of India 1936-1947; & R.P Dutt "India Today". & Michael Edwardes The Myth of the Mahatma - Gandhi The British & the Raj. I forbear - recalling your past comments to suggest any ML-ist literature. Should you feel the urge would be happy to provide! Also - recalling your comments over the years - have you read Monica Ali "Brick Lane"? I suspect you would appreciate it. Cheers, Hari Kumar

--__--__