[lbo-talk] re Clark/SH

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sun Jan 4 21:40:45 PST 2004

The same could be asked of you...

--Indeed it could and I could quite confidently tell you that there wasn't what you describe as saddam worship or praise of the saddam regime. there were calls for an end to the sanctions, claims that the sanctions were killing needlessly, that iraq's destiny should be left to Iraqis and not decided by Rumsfeld et al, that 911 shouldn't be an excuse for getting rid of governments the US state has deemed enemies, etc. And there were references to Saddam's military as being weaker than it has ever been. My suspicion, especially given the vitriolic response my note received from Tom Seay is that claims of saddam worship are greatly exaggerated.

steve