[lbo-talk] Re: IAC/ANSWER hack to defend saddam?

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Jan 4 22:19:27 PST 2004

DoreneFC wrote:
> In the US even people using public defenders can and do
> at times fire their attorneys. And major cases usually
> assemble a team with direction from a legal lead and / or
> from the defendant. I think outsiders can opine all we want
> about who should or should not be part of the team and why
> but the ultimate decision really isn't up to us!

Generally, a public defender's choice of clients does not have any consequences for the left. Clark's actions certainly do. As Clark's work with the Free Milosevic! campaign shows, this is not about making ANSWER the international equivalent of the ACLU.

> A more interesting question: if you wanted to offer to represent
> Saddam, how would you pitch your services and why?

??? Well, I don't have any services to pitch that would do him any good.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!