[lbo-talk] Re: IAC/ANSWER hack to defend saddam?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 08:48:41 PST 2004

Yeah, I can see the point that the mildly troubling think about Clark is not taht he is identified with the antiwar movement, but with a controversial ("Saddam-loving") wing of it, thus making himself and the rest ofa target for more smears. I also agree that people here vastly overestimate the attention that ordinary people even of moderate political awareness pays to who's who and who stands for what (actually or otherwise) in the movement. The stars n bars set thinks that any doubtsa bout the war mean you are Saddam's gay lover. Taht goes for Thomas S and Chuck O too. It's like the story about the cop who was beating on the right wing trade unionsit at the strike picker line, cursing him for being a Bolshevik; when the guy says, But I am an _anti_communist, the cop says, All you redsa re the same to me. jks