American exceptionalism (was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: IAC/ANSWER ...)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:33:59 PST 2004

>From: Brian Siano <siano at mail.med.upenn.edu>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>War is the most brutal face of the system. Res ipsa loquitur. The sight of
>>flag-draped coffins; crippled, blinded or brain-damaged war veterarns;
>>and, yes, slaughtered, beaten or humiliated civilians -- these things
>>bring home the inhuman cost of maintaining the US empire more directly
>>than any other evil associated with the system. Focusing on these
>>particular aspects of this savage society seems sensible to me.
>
>True! After all, War never existed under any _other_ system!

Am not saying the US invented war or has a monopoly on its practice. But Yankee ingenuity has made some impressive contributions to the state of the art. How many other hyperpowers have you met?

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of slow downloads? Compare online deals from your local high-speed providers now. https://broadband.msn.com