[lbo-talk] oil price in euros?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 6 06:35:10 PST 2004

John Mage wrote:

>Doug wrote:
>
>>> Do you know of a table/chart of oil/euro/dollar over the last
>>> couple of years?
>>
>> I just made one - it's at
>> <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/OilIn3Currs.gif>.
>
>Hey, thanks...
>
>It would look massively different if you were to index all 3 =100 with
>the Bush II election, November '00, no?

Yes, but that also coincides with the euro's low. I indexed to Jan 99 because the Fed's historical series for the euro begins then. Indexing to a low looks a little tendentious.

But for the chart rebased to Nov 00, see <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/OilIn3CurrsNov.gif>. For a chart of the euro's history against the dollar, see <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/OilIn3CurrsNov.gif>.

Doug