[lbo-talk] happy happy happy all the time!

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 12:22:43 PST 2004

> [I guess the happiness measure is taken
> post-prozac.]
>
> POLL ANALYSES
> January 5, 2004
>
> A Nation of Happy People
> Most are happy and satisfied with their lives

No, I dont think it has anything to do with Prozac...I think it is a conditioned response. Here's an anecdote for you. When I first moved out here to California some 14 years ago, I was annoyed by everybody saying "Great" as a response to just about anything. One day, my then employer asked me how I was. He expected me to say, "good" or something else positive. Actually I said, "Not very well". He responded, "Great".

So, I suspect many people respond with "Happy", "Good", (or in California) "Great" very perfunctorily.

Why is that?

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"