[lbo-talk] happy happy happy all the time!

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Tue Jan 6 12:43:50 PST 2004

At 12:22 PM 1/6/04 -0800, you wrote:
>So, I suspect many people respond with "Happy",
>"Good", (or in California) "Great" very perfunctorily.
> Why is that?
>
>-Thomas

good old meritocratic individualism. your happiness or lack thereof is due to you and your own actions and no one else's. if you're unhappy with your job, get another one. if you're overworked, don't say yes to overtime from now on. if you're unhappy with your spouse or partner, get another one. leave. whatever. don't, above all, stop and think about the possibility that there might be something else going on. if you're not great, thomas, you're just a big failure. so, butch up and quitchyer bitchin'.

kelley