[lbo-talk] State-run oil company is being weighed for Iraq

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 7 12:59:26 PST 2004

I think the oil companies were quite hesitant about the invasion, rightly considering how disruptive it would be throughout the Mideast -- which suggests that the reasons were strategic rather than narrowly economic. The decision was made by the executive committee of the bourgeoisie, not without internal dissent. --CGE