[lbo-talk] RE: New Yorker SUV article

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Jan 8 13:39:39 PST 2004

Woj wrote: "I do not think anyone lost any money in the US by betting on human stupidity. Take the example of SUVs - these are one of the most dangerous vehicles on the road, yet the morons who buy them thing they are safer than other vehicles (http://www.newyorker.com/online/content/?040112on_onlineonly01), even though they are more likely to die driving an SUV than other types of cars or vans."

I just read it last night and thought it was a great article. The New Yorker has been very uneven and most disappointing for years. So, every year it's a struggle deciding whether to renew or not. This year, this particular article decided me to renew.

Joanna