[lbo-talk] RE: New Yorker SUV article

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 8 14:10:02 PST 2004

Joanna:

> I just read it last night and thought it was a great article. The New
Yorker has been very
> uneven and most disappointing for years. So, every year it's a
struggle deciding whether to
> renew or not. This year, this particular article decided me to renew.

I actually like the New Yorker more than, say, The Nation - I think they have excellent reporting from time to time on a wider array of topics (e.g. medicine), great cartoons (The nation is practically humorless) and more stuff about cultural events in NYC which has more relevance for those who live along the NE Corridor than say, in the Bay Area.

Wojtek