[lbo-talk] FW: Suicide as a tactic

Hari Kumar hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 12 14:55:28 PST 2004

In a reply: Wojtek: "Foot soldiers are always dedicated, perhaps even more so than the brass for otherwise they would not risk their lives in the battlefield. But the point is that in ANY military assault you will loose some of those dedicated foot soldiers, the only question is "how many?" The conventional military tactic seem to be loosing more of them than the one based on the suicide mission."

Perhaps we may be at cross-purposes here. You may be talking (mainly ? only?) about the situation of the assaults on say, Israel, or on the USA occupiers. I think it is moot there - at least that is my view. However, the Turkish movement has had much intense soul-searching about this strategy. Other than one grouping, which maintains its' insistence that this is the right strategy (& in fact as far as I am aware - within the country - does very little else on the ground) many inside the Turkish movement have concluded that the time has come not give its best sons & daughters to the Turkish ruling class gratis. Hari