[lbo-talk] Keiretsu Capital

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Jan 12 18:56:40 PST 2004

Quoting jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org:

> What accounted for the 'miracle' of the 'developmental states' -
> equitable growth, rapid income growth, near full employment, massive
> investment in health and education - is just not happening in China, or
> Taiwan.

Everything I've read/heard/seen about China suggests there's been massive job creation; overall, real incomes do seem to be rising; mainland firms are climbing the technology ladder very quickly; investment levels are very high (maybe 30% of GDP, or higher); China's foreign reserves keep swelling; and Taiwan continues to flourish. What's the evidence to the contrary? (A real, not a rhetorical, question.)

-- DRR