[lbo-talk] After The New Economy: A very Selective Review

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 08:31:07 PST 2004

So.

My copy of ANE arrived a few weeks back and I've been happily digging in between necessary re-readings of Sun Solaris documentation (a chapter from ANE, a chapter on prtdiag).

Although there is goodness a-plenty to be found and a ton of good info (fun to read as well) I knew I'd made the right purchase from the first chapter when the George Gilder quotes started.

God that man is funny and he probably doesn't even know it.

Sam Beau?? I was laughing out loud.

The fact that executives and other *thought leaders* (how's that for a weasel phrase?) listened to this fellow as if he were Moses recently returned from a session with the Almighty says all we need to know about the supposed mental superiority of the ruling class.

DRM