[lbo-talk] Re: I'm not sorry day...

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 14 08:36:04 PST 2004

DP wrote: But there are those, like Carrol, who feel that stopping a beating heart and crushing a developing brain is no worse than picking your nose or having a wart removed. I'm amazed that, given the technology, these people still exist. But I'm not surprised.

--actually i've always been amazed at the level of guilt hysteria that characterises the anti-choice movement, it's really pretty unique to the US, rarely found in Europe (not counting Ireland--I know a woman in Ireland who had one of those evil late term abortions (at 7 months, can you imagine the evil?) in England...a regular monster she was...). The whole 'abortion is murder' slogan is really wierd when you think about the implications legally of enforcing such a notion. Lots of lots of christian republican women who would be on death row for capital 1...not to mention doctors....

steve