[lbo-talk] Re: #2202 - Re: Abortion

Hari Kumar hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 14 17:56:53 PST 2004

Joanna: ".......... Leftists may scoff at right-wingers for their neanderthal/mythic mindsets, but I have seen a lot of that on the left too, and it's not any more enlightened. I mean, "you're either for us or against us"...where have I heard that before?"

For what it is worth, I have to agree. In Canada the rate of teenage pregnancy is very high indeed. (Can't quote it off the cuff). In places like Scandinavia the rate is much less - owing to the much more sensible (?enlightened) attitude to dealing with what comes 'naturally'. In passing, I know many obstetricians & neonatologists who often find themselves quite perplexed at teenage pregnancies. H