[lbo-talk] Re: Agamben: I Won't Go to USA

cgrimes at rawbw.com cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Jan 12 16:40:55 PST 2004

> It does not sound to me like a good idea because such boycotts would
> target primarily the "good US-ers," academics, symbol manipulators,
> assorted do gooders, tourist industry etc. Wojtek

The point is symbolic and frankly the do-gooders are a perfect target because they squeal louder. As far as capital, consumer goods with US labels and brands regardless of where these are made are another good target. Just the NOT WELCOME mat is good enough for starters. It's time to refurbish the anti-american spirit. Grandmothers hanging US flags upside down was great gesture. More like that.

Chuck Grimes